Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rapunzel Rapunzel let down your hair...

The first of one of my images for my senior thesis project. The colors, especially the lilac background came out so dingy in the scan, I'll keep having to mess with them in photoshop.

Anyway, I'm going to be illustrating six tales from an anthology of The Brothers' Grimm fairytales. So this is Rapunzel and her long, long hair spilling down from the tower. This media is very very new to me, so there is definitely a bit of a learning curve. I like the textures and the unpredictability of painting with real paint, but I definitely need to keep practicing.

I'll keep trying to post, but I have 11 more pictures to finish by April 2! So back to work for now.

4 comments:

  1. lookin' good! i love the sky, especially. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. that looks really good! you guys are doing some pretty sweet stuff over in Jeff's class.

    ReplyDelete