Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fable Illustration + Artist's Alley


These are a series of images of Aesop's "Eagle and the Arrow" done for the first project of the semester.
I forced myself to use gouache, which (after several initial disasters) worked relatively well, I think. I'm not very efficient with wet media, so this was an interesting experience. For both the media and style, I was influenced by the game "Okami". If you don't know what it is, you should check out the art on this site: http://artofokami.com Absolutely beautiful art.

Additionally, I am going to be in the Artist's Alley at Anime Central in Chicago this May! This will be my second time having being in the AA at a convention, but this is the first time I'll be selling at a con like ACen. (the first time was a good 4-5 years ago, and was more a trial run than anything.) I am stoked. Come say hello! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment